Feel free to discuss and tell me how wrong I am:
1: Essex: I've felt like they were the best team since Gretna ended their season last year and they will remain here until I see them beat. Since they haven't played, I can't move them down can I?
2: Sussex Central: Best player in D1. It's rare to see the team with the best player not win it all at this level.
3: William Campbell: Stout again, appears as if they made a good hire bringing in a long time assistant. Like usual they will play Gretna for the Dogwood Crown.
4: Gretna: Lost last week to a private school, I've not give up on them yet. I had them number two in the preseason and dropped them two spots after the loss. Sounds as if there is a lot of turmoil going on up there. Offensive coordinator was let go and they go out and score 7 points????
5: Gate City: Old school football, they will run it, run it again, and run it some more. They'll be a tough out for no other reason than they play their system to a "T".
6: Clintwood: State runner up a season ago. I'm still trying to figure whats up with them, how good are they? I'm not sure we'll know for some time.
7: Colonial Beach: Strong showing last year, funky offense, and the best team on the beach. I just don't think they can get by the other D1 teams in A and B to get to Salem.
8: Giles: Got took to the shed and have dropped a ton in my eyes. I couldn't believe Blacksburg beat them like they did. Something is up in Giles, and I have no clue what it is. There still ranked, maybe for no other reason than that some Region C has to be in the top 10. Somebody will win it.
9: Lebanon: Weak in the preseason, came out like wildfire last week against a clearly inferior team. We'll find out how good they are this week when they journey to PV.
10: Buffalo Gap: Pickle is gone but the Gap is back. If this team played in Region C I'm not sure they would lose at the D1 level.
[img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]
Gate City still hasnt shown me they should be a top 5 team yet. Hou you are right though.![]()
Bookmarks